Mel and I acquired this little Telefunken Jubilate at a Second Sunday away back. The unit works fine and has that usual rich Telefunken sound. The only real problem was that the finish had started to flake off. I was unsure if I could duplicate the German finish (dark on edges light in the middle) so what I tried to do was preserve it from further deterioration. Sure, I could strip it down and redo the finish but I may not be able to make it look the same and one of the great things about these radios is the rich finish.
Now all I have to do now is find a place for it in our room. I really think it looks great considering all I did was a little preventive maintenance.
I know I usually refinish things to like new condition but sometimes you have to do what you can to prevent further damage and deterioration of the piece. I will research and see if anyone has a good approach on how to refinish the cabinets to like new condition but for now I am satisfied with the results.